Introducing the 750 H.P. SB4 7.0 (small block – four valve) automotive aftermarket crate engine.
Custom Four Valve Heads
Mercury Racing designed, Edelbrock® cast DOHC , four-valve cylinder heads.
- Intake and exhaust port flow is significantly improved over conventional 2-valve heads for improved drivability, idle quality, and torque compared to a high lift 2-valve design
- Efficient, high tumble four valve combustion
- Low mass, high stiffness design reduces stresses and enables smooth high RPM operation and long life
- Intake valve heads are 43.25 mm (1.703 in) diameter
- Exhaust valve heads are 36 mm (1.417 in) diameter
Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) and GT-PowerTM engine performance simulations were used to develop an optimized intake manifold featuring dual throttle bodies for maximum power and efficiency.
Robust DOHC Valve Train
- Anti-backlash ground, high spec camshaft timing gears for enhanced engine durability and minimized engine Noise, Vibration and Harshness (NVH)
- Camshaft lobe sprayers with diamond-like carbon (DLC) coated cam followers for low friction and high durability
LS cylinder block fitted with Mercury Racing designed and specified crankshaft, connecting rods and pistons for improved performance and enhanced durability.
Double Row Timing Chain
Double row, roller chain primary drive, with Mercury Racing designed hydraulic tensioner for enhanced durability
Twin Timing Belt System
Twin timing belt system with a hydraulically damped tensioner for reduced maintenance requirements.
Custom Camshaft Pulleys
Pendulum absorber camshaft pulleys for enhanced belt life.
View full specifications
750 (559 kW)
- Power (HP(kW)750/559 @ 8000 rpm
- Cylinders/Engine ConfigurationV-8, 32-Valve Double Overhead Cam (DOHC)
- Valve Actuation Shaft Mounted, End Pivot Finger Follower with Mechanical Lash Adjustment
- Displacement (CID/L)428/7.0
- Bore (in/mm) 4.125/104.775
- Stroke (in/mm)4.0/101.60
- Compression Ratio11.7:1
- Induction System Naturally Aspirated with Twin Electronic Throttle Bodies
- Fuel System Sequential Port Fuel Injected (SPFI)
- Fuel RequirementsUnleaded 91 Octane (R + M/2)
- Ignition SystemIndividual Coil on Plug, with Integrated Drivers
- Recommended Alternator 165 Amp (2327 Watt) GM Powermaster P/N 58247
- ControllerMercury Racing PCM
- Cooling System Water Cooled with 160-degree (71 C) Thermostat
- Lubrication System Wet Sump w/Modified Holley 302-1 Pan, GM High Volume Oil Pump
- Oil RequirementPremium Synthetic 15W-50 for warm weather use HP1 or HP4 Equivalent
- Oil Capacity With Filter (qts/L)6.5/6.2 (without filter)
- TransmissionEngine is Capable of Operating with Customer Supplied Manual or Automatic Transmission
- Length (in/mm)27.1/688
- Width (Across Timing Belt Cover) (in/mm)30.27/769
- Width (Across Rear of Heads) (in/mm)29.1/740
- Height (in/mm)17.1/435
- Weight (Lbs./kg)560/254
- Warranty12-Month Limited
High Performance Marine Engines