Dry Sump NXT¹® Drive
Mercury Racing has just written a new chapter in the book of revolutionary marine propulsion with the development of the all new dry-sump NXT¹® drive. The drive is robust enough to handle engines between 525 and 700 horsepower with an input torque rating of 800 ft-lbs. The engine/transom plate/drive package is nearly 200 pounds lighter than a comparable engine outfitted with a standard size transmission and dry-sump Six drive. Both the drive and transmission feature dry-sump lubrication for higher efficiency and reduced operating temperatures.
The unique through-hull location of the compact transmission enables the transmission to be installed after the engine is first mounted. Access to the transmission from the transom also allows the transmission to be removed and serviced without having to pull the complete engine.
- All-new drive designed and developed exclusively by Mercury Racing.
- Designed for engines 525-700 hp. Input torque rating of 800 ft. lbs.
- Features a compact, integrated transmission designed and developed by Mercury Racing.
- The unique through-hull location of the compact transmission enables the transmission to be installed after the engine is first mounted.
- Access to the transmission from the transom also allows the transmission to be removed and serviced without having to remove the complete engine.
- Drive and transmission feature dry-sump lubrication for higher efficiency and reduced operating temperatures.
- New water pick-up, mounted at the rear of the gearcase torpedo, is interchangeable with available accessory pick-ups for multiple hull-type configurations and speeds.
- Removable transom assembly cowl, modeled after the Integrated Transom System (ITS), enables easier access and servicing to various transom components.
- Stainless steel propshaft and hub adapters enable both the five-blade Maximus propeller at a rating to 600 HP and or our new line of CNC machined five-blade cleaver propellers to be used.
- Patent pending water pick-up design
- Available in both right-hand and left-hand rotation and the following gear ratios: 1.61:1, 1.49:1, 1.35:1, 1.24:1 and 1.15:1
Dry Sump NXT¹® DriveView larger
The NXT¹® SSM drive offers OEM boat builders and consumers the benefit of using the legendary dry-sump Six drive with the engine mounted in the same location as a Bravo drive set-up thanks to Mercury Racing's exclusive NXT¹® transmission design.