The surface piercing propeller is designed to maximize top-end speed on light weight hulls powered by 400R and 400 ROS outboards fitted with the Mercury Racing Sport Master gearcase.
Designed with the stamina to transfer 400 horsepower and withstand the surface piercing impact of recreational and competition offshore power boating.
Our exclusive CNC machining process enables us to produce perfectly matched sets of 5-blade cleaver props for optimum durability and boat operating efficiency.
Offered in 400 hp rating and 15-degree blade rake angles.
Models range from 14-1/2” to 15-1/2” diameters and the following pitches: 32”, 32.5”, 33.5” and 34”.
The 5-blade propeller is available with 15, 18 or 21-degree blade rake angles offered in 600 hp, 900 hp, 1200 hp and 1550 hp power ratings. Models range from 15 inches (381 mm) to 18 inches (457.2 mm) diameters and pitch ranges from 30 inches (762 mm) to 40 inches (1016 mm) (18 and 21-degree rake) and 26 – 40 inches (15-degree rake). Each carries a one- year limited warranty when used within its maximum power rating on a Mercury Racing sterndrive engine package (for recreational boating).
- CNC Machined five-blade sterndrive cleaver propellers
- Machine and software exclusive to Mercury Racing
- CNC machining process for precise – exact tolerances
- Produces perfectly matched sets of propellers resulting with enhanced operating efficiency and propeller durability
- Mercury Racing, diameter, pitch, rake and horsepower engraved on the hub
- Process greatly reduces turn around time of new prop orders
- Mercury Racing propeller technicians lab finish each propeller to exact tolerances
- Custom made 14.50″ diameter for ski racing; 25″, 41″ and 42″ pitch available and limited 13-degree rake. Contact Mercury Racing at 920-921-5330
If you have a question that’s not answered in our FAQs or you need additional information, please contact us at the phone numbers listed below.
Mercury Racing Technical Services Hours
Monday through Friday
7:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
Outboard & Sterndrive Consumer Affairs
(Calls may be recorded for quality purposes)
Mercury Racing Product Technical Publications
Service manuals, parts manuals; operation, maintenance, and warranty manuals.
High Performance Marine Engines