Feel like you’re driving a modern luxury car with the smoothness and ease provided by Digital Throttle and Shift, a Mercury Racing exclusive
The bored 8.6 liter V8 provides unmatched low-end and mid-range torque to get you where you want to go…FAST!
The 540 valve train provides exceptional longevity with limited service intervals to keep you out on the water longer
Polished stainless steel headers give the engine more breathing room and a look that screams high performance
Closed cooling and twin-walled stainless steel headers protect the engine from the corrosive salt water environment
- Horsepower540 (403 kW)
- Full Throttle RPM Range5000-5400
- Displacement Liter/C.I.D8.6/523
- Bore (in/mm) 4.56/115.8
- Stroke (in/mm) 4.00/101.6
- Compression Ratio 8.7:1
- Alternator (amp/watt) 65/917
- Ignition Type PCM
- Fuel System Sequential Fuel Injection
- Fuel Requirements 87 Octane Minimum (R+M/2), (91 RON) Global
- Drive UnitBravo One XR, Bravo One XR Sport, Bravo One XR Sport Master (Integrated Transom System Optional)
- Gear Ratio 1.35:1, 1.50:1
- Length(in/mm) 34.2/869 (Transom mount to front of engine)
- Width(in/mm) 33.8/858
- Height(in/mm) 24.2/615
- Weight(lbs/kg) 1150/522 (Lightest available engine package (engine, transom plate and drive).
- Warranty2-Year Limited for Recreational Boating
- 8.6 Liter multiport fuel injected V-8 engine features a premium forged micro- alloy crankshaft, induction hardened and precision balanced for maximum performance.
- Precision CNC machined, cast iron cylinder block features large 4.560-inch cylinder bores for enhanced power and torque.
- Forged 4340 steel, I – beam, shot-peened connecting rods.
- Forged aluminum pistons for maximum strength and durability.
- Mercury Racing aluminum cylinder heads feature optimized valve angles for improved air flow.
- Carburized hardened cam shaft for enhanced durability.
- Performance cam profiles, combined with larger valves, pack more air into the combustion chamber for greater power and torque.
- Sweeper headers feature a corrosion resistant alloy for enhanced durability in the corrosive saltwater environment.
- Broad torque band for enhanced hole shot, unprecedented mid-range punch and consistent pull through the engine operating range.
- Digital electronic throttle and shift for smooth, “Zero Effort” operation.
- The engine propulsion control module (PCM) optimizes fuel and spark control for each cylinder independently, enhancing engine running quality and performance.
- Engine Guardian monitors engine functions to forewarn of possible problems that could lead to engine damage.
- Fuel delivery is ensured with twin electric fuel pumps operated in a water- cooled housing.
- The thermostatically-controlled oil system ensures faster oil warm up. The high-capacity cooler maintains good oil temp under all operating conditions.
- Closed-cooling system features five-year coolant, for reduced maintenance and increased corrosion protection.
- 65-amp (917-watt) charging system.
- Two year limited warranty for recreational boating.
- Suitable For: Catamaran Race, Catamaran Sport/Poker Runner, Sport Cruiser, Vee-Bottom Race, Vee-Bottom Sport/Poker Runner
If you have a question that’s not answered in our FAQs or you need additional information, please contact us at the phone numbers listed below.
Mercury Racing Technical Services Hours
Monday through Friday
7:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
Outboard & Sterndrive Consumer Affairs
(Calls may be recorded for quality purposes)
Mercury Racing Product Technical Publications
Service manuals, parts manuals; operation, maintenance, and warranty manuals.
High Performance Marine Engines