Feel like you’re driving a modern luxury car with the smoothness and ease provided by Digital Throttle and Shift, a Mercury Racing exclusive
The stroked 8.7 liter V8 engine provides unmatched low-end and mid-range punch to get you where you want to go…FAST!
The twin throttle bodies keep this monster breathing all the way up to its 5400 RPM red line
Carbon fiber accents, polished pulleys and stainless steel headers provide an undeniable go-fast boat look
The 90 amp alternator ensures you’ve got enough juice to keep the engines running and music blaring
- Crankshaft-rated Horsepower 565 (421 kW)
- Full Throttle RPM Range 5000-5400
- Displacement CID/Liter 533/8.7
- Bore (in/mm) 4.466/113
- Stroke (in/mm) 4.25/108
- Compression Ratio 8.7:1
- Alternator (amp/watt) 90-amp (1269-watt)
- Controller 1 X PCM; 1 X TCM
- Fuel System Sequential Fuel Injection
- Fuel Requirements 89 Octane Minimum (R + M)/2
- Drive Unit Bravo One XR, Bravo One XR Sport, Bravo One XR Sport Master, (Std. or Short), (Integrated Transom System Optional)
- Gear Ratio 1.35:1, 1.50:1
- Length (in/mm) 34.2/869 (Transom Mount to Front of Engine)
- Width (in/mm) 33.8/858
- Height (in/mm) 26.9/684 (From Crankshaft Centerline)
- Weight (lbs/kg) 1201/545
- Warranty 2-Year Limited for Recreational Boating
*Integrated Transom System Optional
**Lightest available engine package (engine, transom plate and drive).
- 8.7 Liter, multiport fuel injected V-8 engine features stroked and balanced crankshaft for maximum displacement and performance.
- Cast iron cylinder block precision CNC machined to Mercury Racing’s specs.
- Forged 4340 steel, fully machined and shot-peened Mercury Racing connecting rods.
- Forged aluminum pistons, designed by Mercury Racing, for maximum strength and durability.
- Mercury Racing aluminum cylinder heads, designed exclusively for The 565, feature optimized valve angles for improved air flow, yielding enhanced power & torque.
- Multiport fuel injection system features twin electronic throttle bodies, similar to the 1350, for enhanced air flow and power.
- One coil per cylinder for the ultimate in engine ignition management.
- Broad torque band for enhanced hole shot, unprecedented mid-range punch and consistent pull through the top-end engine rpm operating range.
- Top located electrical connections for ease of installation and maintenance
- Digital electronic throttle and shift for smooth, “Zero Effort” operation.
- Two microprocessor control modules. The engine propulsion control module (PCM) optimizes fuel and spark control for each cylinder independently, enhancing engine running quality and performance. The transmission control module (TCM) is dedicated to digital shift management for the Bravo XR drive.
- Equipped with a high pressure electronic fuel pump, fuel cooler and a low pressure mechanical fuel pump to combat vapor lock. A thermostatically-controlled, high-capacity oil cooler raises engine oil temperatures faster and keeps them more consistent.
- Engine Guardian monitors engine functions to forewarn of possible problems that could lead to engine damage.
- Closed-cooling system features five-year coolant for reduced maintenance and increased corrosion protection.
- 90-amp (1269-watt) charging system.
- One year limited warranty for recreational boating.
- Available Bravo One XR and Bravo One XR Sport Master drive options.
- Integrated Transom System (ITS) available.
- Meets EPA, CARB emissions requirements.
- CE marked models meet EU RCD emissions requirements.
- Suitable for: Catamaran Race, Catamaran Sport/Poker Runner, Sport Cruiser, Vee-Bottom Race, Vee-Bottom Sport/Poker Runner
If you have a question that’s not answered in our FAQs or you need additional information, please contact us at the phone numbers listed below.
Mercury Racing Technical Services Hours
Monday through Friday
7:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
Outboard & Sterndrive Consumer Affairs
(Calls may be recorded for quality purposes)
Mercury Racing Product Technical Publications
Service manuals, parts manuals; operation, maintenance, and warranty manuals.
High Performance Marine Engines