The boost control bypass valve on the supercharger provides full power at increased ambient temperatures and elevations
The 662/600 is designed to perform on 87 octane fuel so you can save money on your fuel bill the next time you fill up the tank
The sequential fuel injection provides an improved idle quality and throttle response time, while using less fuel in the process
Closed cooling and twin-walled stainless steel headers protect the engine from the corrosive salt water environment
Design and validated to pass US and EU emission standards, the 662/600 can be enjoyed throughout the world
- Horsepower600 (447 kW)
- Full Throttle RPM Range 4800-5200
- Displacement Liter/C.I.D. 8.2/502
- Bore (in/mm) 4.47/113
- Stroke (in/mm) 4.00/102
- Compression Ratio 7.5:1
- Alternator (amp/watt) 90/1269
- Ignition Type PCM Distributorless
- Fuel System Sequential Fuel Injection
- Fuel Requirements 87 Posted Pump Octane (R+M/2), (91 RON) International
- TransmissionMercury Racing Dry-Sump
- Drive Unit Bravo One XR, Bravo One XR Sport, Bravo One XR Sport Master, (Std. or Short), (Integrated Transom System Optional)
- Gear Ratio 1.35:1, 1.50:1
- Length (in/mm) 35.7/907 (Transom mount to front of engine)
- Width (in/mm) 33/838
- Height (in/mm) 27.2/691
- Weight (lbs/kg) 1267/575
- Warranty1-Year Limited for Recreational Boating
*Integrated Transom System Optional
**Lightest available engine package (engine, transom plate and drive).
The 600 SCi engine continues Mercury Racing’s heritage of producing engines packed with state-of-the-art technology that delight customers with outstanding performance.
The Mercury exclusive Propulsion Control Module (PCM) microprocessor, combined with a 3.3 Liter Lysholm® screw type supercharger, roller camshaft and sequential fuel injection for impeccable idle quality, instant throttle response and unmatched performance throughout the engine operating range.
- Active torque management via an electronic boost bypass control valve ensures consistent 600 horsepower in a variety of conditions and environments.
- New power steering reservoir provides higher volume and less flow resistance for multi-engine installations.
- Larger 5/8 ID oil lines increase oil flow through the filter & cooler for enhanced engine protection.
- “Cool collar” Sweeper Headers feature a new alloy for enhanced saltwater corrosion resistance and durability.
- The intercooler is made of copper-nickel alloy called “CuproNickel” for excellent corrosion resistance.
- Lysholm 3.3 Liter screw type supercharger featuring Mercury Racing’s front drive housing.
- Mercury PCM microprocessor optimizes fuel and spark timing for each cylinder independently for enhanced engine running quality.
- SmartCraft Engine Guardian continually monitors engine conditions to protect against potential damage
- Knock control – engine monitors for knock continuously
- Piston design enhances fuel economy.
- One coil per cylinder for ultimate in engine ignition management
- Closed cooling system
- To improve packaging and reduce fuel connections, a custom billet housing was created to accommodate the fuel pressure regulator and water separating fuel filter.
- Custom designed high flow throttle body features twin 2.9 inch throttles and is integral to the boost bypass loop.
- Features active torque management via PCM’s electronic boost bypass control valve.
- Higher fuel pressure demands are met with a new electric fuel pump. The engine is also equipped with fuel cooling and a mechanical pump to combat vapor lock.
- Custom Edelbrock aluminum cylinder heads designed exclusively for Mercury Racing for enhanced torque and overall performance
- New induction alloy Micro Alloy crankshaft features larger journal radii for enhanced strength and durability.
- New connecting rods are longer and feature a floating wrist pin.
- SmartCraft PCM microprocessor
- 14-pin Deutsch connector engine harness. Ignition and SmartCraft wiring are included in one connector.
- Available in an array of custom color options in addition to the standard Mercury Racing blue metallic.
- Suitable with: Catamaran Sport/Poker Runner, Vee-Bottom Sport/Poker Runner
If you have a question that’s not answered in our FAQs or you need additional information, please contact us at the phone numbers listed below.
Mercury Racing Technical Services Hours
Monday through Friday
7:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
Outboard & Sterndrive Consumer Affairs
(Calls may be recorded for quality purposes)
Mercury Racing Product Technical Publications
Service manuals, parts manuals; operation, maintenance, and warranty manuals.
High Performance Marine Engines